Physical Therapy - Adults
Physical therapists provide services that develop, maintain, and restore maximum movement and functional ability. Physical Therapy helps people at any stage of life when movement and function are threatened by aging, injury, disease, disorders, conditions or environmental factors.
Physical therapists help you maximize your quality of life by looking at physical, psychological, emotional and social well-being. They work in the health spheres of promotion, prevention, treatment/intervention, habilitation and rehabilitation.
Ten quick ways that Physical Therapy might help you:
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Avoid or recover from surgery
- Improve mobility
- Recover from a stroke
- Recover from or prevent a sports injury
- Improve your balance and prevent falls
- Manage diabetes and vascular conditions
- Manage age-related issues
- Manage heart and lung disease
- Manage women’s health and other conditions